Header

Big Dreams and a Passion for life- Welcome to my small corner of the world!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday. Bama vs. Auburn pep rally

Tuesday.

Every year for a few years now the varsity cheerleaders go to the child development center and do an Alabama vs. Auburn pep rally.
Last year was my first time to do it and honestly it made me realize just how blessed i truly am:)

When we first get there they start bringing all the kids in to the gym and then we do a few cheers and some stunts then the fun part comes when they turn on the music and we dance with all the kids. They are of all different ages so of course it is so much fun:)

Honestly i was a little bit nervous about it this year only because last year one of the little girls kinda just grabbed me and wouldnt let go. But I still enjoyed it so much last year:) So this year was just as much fun:) All the kids are dancing around and they are pulling on us trying to get us to dance with them:) But in another sense it is sad when you look around and see some of the kids who are in the wheelchairs who cant get out. They took two of the little girls out and one was teeny tiny and held her the whole time:) One of the little girls was just standing there so I asked her if she wanted to dance and she just smiled:) so i talked to her asked her what her name was, was she an alabama fan, and told her my name. and i danced with her and she was clapping to the songs with me then i saw another little girl and asked her to come over there with us so she danced with us too:) it was so much fun.
Its sweet when the little boys run up to you and hug you:) or when one of them yells out im gonna marry number 2(that was what jersey number i had on haha) everyone laughed. but it was so much fun.
I wish we did it more often:)

Since my mom worked there forever and she was a special education teacher at vinemont for awhile i know alot about it and have been around it for awhile so i enjoy it:)
When it was all done and over with it made me realize how blessed I truly am and I thank God for all the abilities he has given me and want to live to glorify Him:)

No comments:

Post a Comment